Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My clever 3 and a half year old

Last week Ngaro pulled out my notepad and a pencil and started drawing. Nothing out of the ordinary, but she wanted to write her name. Anyway i wrote a few things for her to copy and thought nothing of it. First thing she wrote was B.J. Then she wanted to write mum, then Koro & Nan.

I have never sat her down and done any writing activities with her so I was really impressed and still am. I am amazed that she could recognize the small differences in the letters that I wouldn't expect from her at her age.

So here is the 3rd & 4th word she wrote that day. You can tell i am one proud mum!!



Then today while we have B.J home sick from school she wanted to try the numbers just like on her place mat. Off she went to find her "Dora home reader" as she calls it as she gets confused with BJ's home reader and home work book.



(Don't mind my shocking writing it was done with my left hand as she wouldn't let me write on it properly, she thought i was taking her "home reader" away ;-)

She was so concentrated while she wrote, and she was so happy of herself when she knew she had done it just right! She also knew when her attempt was back to front, she would say "oops thats the wrong way!!"

What a clever little girl i have!! I am so proud of her efforts. She is such an independent girl!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh Ebz - Ngaro is such a clever girl and gorgeous to boot! I love it when they discover writing like that and how studious they look and just how hard they try!

No wonder you are proud - I am too!

Hugs

k8

Carrie Young said...

Ebz that is fantastic! She is a clever little chookie ;o)

India Arie