Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Parihaka Kohu 13.05.54 - 27.04.07

Well this has been very difficult and I am sitting here at Nikki's because I have culled my internet & home phone and the timing couldn't have come at a worse time.

On Friday 27th of April I got the news that my aunty had suddenly passed away. I had been in an interview that was a waste of time and had turned my phone off. To come out of that and get such news was even more heartbreaking as my father had been trying to ring me.

I still do not know how it happened, all I know is that it was very sudden. Aunty was 4 years younger than my father, and they were very close.

I always visited aunty Haka everytime we went home. She always loved to see the kids, and hear how things were, she was always very geniuinly interested in what was going on in our lives.

I know for a fact it hasn't sunk in for me. I don't know when it will, being so far away hasn't helped me with my grieving. I don't think I will beleive she is gone until I go home to visit her doorstep and she wont be there.

I know this will be hardest on all her children and moko's. She would always brag to dad that she had more moko's than him, always brought a smile to my face, but never made me want anymore children lol.

I had been thinking about her alot lately. About what I will talk to her about when we finally moved home. She was very knowledgeable. She knew alot about the family and for that I am so sad not to have found out more from her. I was wanting to go home and pick her brain on our family history, family stories, anything really.

My heart is breaking for obvious reasons but I am really worried about my cousin. She is one of my closest cousins and I couldn't get a hold of her over the weekend. I miss her all the time and my heart is aching for them all. 

Also for my father. He was extremely close to her. I heard that when she was buried it rained. My father said she hid his tears for him by bringing the rain. I really miss everyone back home and can't wait to get there!

Uncle Ian my heart breaks for you. Your darling has gone to heaven and is in a better place. Love you

In memory of my Aunty Haka. Love you always & forever.

Ebz & family xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ebz you know how to bring a tear to my eye's, reading that about aunty was very sad a I also wished we was home for her and her family, but mostly for dad. It breaks my heart not being there. love nikki

Kate said...

Oh Ebz - I am so so sad to read this. Please know that you and your whole wonderful family are in my thoughts. I wish I could give you a big hug!

Love k8

Jodie said...

Big hug to you Ebz! I hope that your cousin is ok...

Take care hon

Love
Jodie (msf) xxx

Brissiemum2 said...

Ebz, so sorry to hear about your aunt. It is awful when we lose a loved one, no matter where they live or how far away they are. When they are close to your heart, the pain never really goes. Thankfully you have some wonderful memories to treasure. Enjoy them through this difficult time.

((hugs))

Karen

India Arie